Overview of the Tesla Model 3 (2018 edition) Traction MotorAnalysis of rotor, stator and windingUse to compare against other electric car motor manufacturersSample download availableReport delivered direct to your inbox (4MB)Lamination 2D CAD model file included (1.4MB)
Year of publication:
$18,000 (inc. tax)
This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number.
Find out more
Discover the inner workings of the 2018 Tesla Model 3 traction motor in this digital report. All components within the electric motor are described, providing insights into its design and materials used. The result of Ricardo’s benchmarking exercise is recorded along with a supporting winding diagram and 2D CAD file.
Inside the report, you will find:
- Motor parameters including dimensions, speed, power and torque together with stator and rotor analysis covering construction, lamination, wire size, cooling, and magnet types.
- Design and layout includes exploded diagrams of the separate motor components along with motor and gearbox positioning.
- Lamination material analysis and Lamination 2-D CAD models (+/- 0.3 mm) are included.
- Graph illustrating magnet BH curves – magnetic field strength and fluctuation generated.
- The motor’s winding includes coil connections and coil distribution diagrams. Photographs and the winding diagram provide a detailed account of the assembly of electro magnets and copper wire coils.
To find out more about Ricardo’s analysis of the Tesla Model 3 traction motor or if you are interested in working with Ricardo on your own electric motor analysis, please request a sample or send an enquiry using the buttons above.