This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number.
Find out more
Health and Safety and Transport Legislation requires all personnel involved in the carriage of hazardous goods, at any stage from packing the goods for carriage, consigning the goods, loading, carriage and unloading to be suitably trained to enable them to safely carry out their duties.
The regulations do not state what that training should consist of only that employees must be suitable trained. NCEC have compiled a Dangerous Goods Awareness training course that provides general hazard awareness along with function specific training. This course benefits all those mentioned above and those personnel working with hazardous goods.
- Overview of transport and supply classification.
- The differences between transport and supply hazard identification.
- Hazards associated with each chemical class.
- Overview of packaging and how to understand the markings on packaging.
- Understanding vehicle markings.
- Information provided on transport documentation.
- Basic first aid.
- Storage (segregation rules- what should be kept separate).
- Spill response.
- Duties and responsibilities under transport regulations.
- Security (if applicable to dangerous goods handled by delegates).
To comply with regulations the training must be formally documented with refresher training carried out on a regular basis.
Courses are carefully designed to avoid overwhelming delegates with information that is not applicable to their duties.
Ensures the delegate can safely discharge their responsibilities in confident manner in all general and job specific areas.