Overview of the Nissan Leaf (2017 edition) electric MotorIncludes layout of gearbox, rotor and statorAnalysis of materials and constructionAllows for comparison against leading electric car drive motor manufacturersSample download availableReport delivered direct to your inbox (3MB)Lamination 2D CAD model file also included (2.5MB)
Year of publication:
This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number.
Find out more
Gain insight into the innovative inner workings of the Nissan Leaf electric motor, with Ricardo’s independent, detailed report - providing insights into design and layout.
This report can also be purchased as just the report only.
Covering the results of Ricardo’s benchmarking exercise the report includes:
- Details of motor parameters which include the motor’s dimensions, speed, power, torque, stator cooling, lamination, wire size, rotor magnet type.
- Stack measurements
- Skew measurements (anti-cogging torque)
- Design and layout includes exploded diagrams of the separate motor components as well as motor and gearbox positioning
- Graph illustrating magnet BH curves – magnetic field strength and fluctuation generated.
- Photographic dissection of the winding, coil connections and coil distribution diagrams. The winding diagram provides an illustration of the assembly of electro magnets, copper wire coils, allowing the ability to simulate it.
- Lamination material analysis and Lamination 2-D CAD models (+/- 0.3 mm) are also included.
To find out more about Ricardo’s analysis of the Nissan Leaf electric motor or if you are interested in working with Ricardo on your own electric motor analysis, please request a sample or send an enquiry using the buttons above.