This benchmarking project is underway at Ricardo and the report and associated test data will be available as from the end of January 2016.
The report will include the following elements of vehicle testing –
- NEDC cycles, cold and hot without dual chamber oil pan installed
- WLTC cycles – cold and hot
- FTP75 cycles – cold and hot
- RDE ‘Aggressive’ cycle cold and hot
- Cold start and warm up (idle) tests at -11°C, -6°C and +5°C
- -7°C WLTC
- -7°C NEDC
- Coarse steady state keypoint mapping
- Transient load sweeps at fixed speeds (1000, 1250, 1750 and 3000 rev/min)
- Emissions, temperatures, pressures, cam position and WCAC outlet relative humidity will be measured with these tests.