The Mercedes M274 / M270 four-cylinder engine family is intended for transverse and longitudinal installation, and has piezo direct injection. This flexibility in terms of installation orientation allows the family of engines to be used in all vehicle segments (GLK250, C250, C350, E250).
The engine has a maximum power of 155kW (211hp) at 5200rpm and a maximum torque of 350Nm at 1200 –4000 rpm.
Main engine features include:
- Modular design: M270 (transverse installation), M274 (longitudinal installation)
- Aluminium block and cylinder head
- Switchable coolant pump
- Piezo DI multi-mode combustion – BlueDirect®
- Variable valve timing – intake and exhaust
- Two stage variable flow oil pump
- Start/Stop system