The Mercedes OM471 is designed as a world engine family with four models available (M3A, M3B, M3C & M3D) for a wide range of markets and meets the newly introduced Euro VI emissions regulations.
The engine has a maximum power of 375kW (510hp) at 1800rpm and a maximum torque of 2500Nm at 1100rpm.
Main engine features include:
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF)
- Diesel oxidation catalytic convertor (DOC)
- Cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Asymmetric turbine for improved exhaust gas flow characteristics
- Electrically operated wastegate and EGR valve