Year of publication:
This report covers a detailed design benchmarking study of the Ford 1-litre 3-cylinder EcoBoost gasoline engine and includes a photographic record of all the main components, plus individual masses and dimensions.
Ricardo comments on specific design features are also included.The engine is rated at 88kW @ 6000 rev/min (170 N.m @ 1500-4500 rev/min).
- Central direct injection combustion system
- Iron engine block and aluminium cylinder head
- Single stage variable geometry turbocharger
- Integrated Exhaust Manifold (IEM)
- Split cooling Circuit
- Wet belt oil pump drive
- Variable oil pump
- Electronic control of turbo wastegate
- Twin variable camshaft timing phasors
- Switchable piston cooling jets
- There is no primary balance shaft
This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number