The course will be based out of our office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. There is plenty of parking available and the site can also be easily reached by bus from the Didcot Parkway train station.
The EU regulation on Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures, more commonly known as CLP, came into force on 20th January 2009. This regulation replaces the Dangerous Substances Directive and the Dangerous Preparations Directive (DSD/DPD) including the Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (CHIP) that implemented these two directives in the UK. CLP also implements the UN model regulation, the Global Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals in the EU.
This one day training course provides delegates with:
- An understanding of the background to the new CLP regulation and to GHS.
- A summary of the hazard classification criteria.
- The implementation timelines for the new regulation.
- Practical use of symbols, signal words and selection of P statements.
- An understanding of the impact of the new CLP regulation and of GHS.
The course will be interactive, with worked examples throughout to help develop delegates’ understanding.
This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number