The course will be based out of our office in Harwell, Oxfordshire.
There is plenty of parking available and the site can also be easily reached by bus from the Didcot Parkway train station.
Chemical Hazard Awareness gives you the vital knowledge to make better risk assessments of the work you do and enables you to make the right choices about safe handling procedures, select the correct protective equipment, and make an effective and safe response to a spillage.
Our one-day Chemical Hazard Awareness training course provides you with:
- The ability to recognise hazard information.
- How to read chemical names.
- An understanding of SDS and how to use the data for risk assessments
- The knowledge to predict a chemical’s behaviour if released
- An appreciation of how chemicals may affect you and what poses an immediate danger.
- A short introduction to assessing the risks
- A look at the types of protective clothing you may have to consider and a reminder that a white lab-coat is not a universal protector.
Who is this course for?
The Chemical Hazard Awareness course is aimed at those people working in a chemical environment, whether regularly or in an emergency, who would like a better understanding of the chemicals they deal with and how they might be affected by them during their work or in the event of an accident.
Delegates attending this course have included:
- plant operators,
- warehouse staff,
- health and safety officers,
- logistics managers, facilities managers,
- industry responders,
- Environment Agency staff,
- dangerous goods safety advisors,
- emergency services
- local authority emergency planners.
This product can be paid via invoice with a valid PO number