We are active in a wide range of benchmarking services that enable robust technical and commercial comparisons to be made, helping our customers develop a more competitive future product strategy.
To see a complete list of our benchmarking reports in the online store – click here
- Individual components to complete systems
- Hybrid & EV systems
- Powertrain performance & emissions
- NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness)
- Vehicle attributes
Key benefits of the Ricardo service:
- Broad ranging product knowledge, engineering expertise and benchmarking test and evaluation facilities for engines, drivelines, transmissions, battery systems and vehicles
- Access to extensive internal Ricardo databases of benchmark information including many off-the-shelf reports on market-leading products.
- Evaluation against the processes and design guidelines of Ricardo’s world-class in-house design team
- Technical commentary by experienced engineers
- Independent of any OEM, supplier, technology etc.
- Choose only what you want, no subscription fee
- Arrange meeting at Ricardo UK sites to view the vehicle, machine etc. and discuss the report with the engineers who conducted the study and wrote the report
- Consortium members can influence future benchmark priorities
CO2 reduction technologies and calibration strategies. The Ricardo EconoMark service focuses on benchmarking the latest low CO2 passenger cars featuring and state-of-the-art powertrain technologies. The EconoMark commercial model allows Ricardo to offer this quality benchmarking service at an attractive price.
VW Golf BlueMotion 1.6 TDI EA288 Euro6 – 85g/km CO2 Engine Testbed Mapping ResultsPrice on request Read more
VW Golf BlueMotion 1.4 TSI ACT – 109 g/km CO2 Gasoline Benchmarking StudyPrice on request Read more
Mercedes-Benz ML250 BlueTec Diesel Vehicle Emissions Benchmarking StudyPrice on request Read more
BMW Mini Cooper D 1.5-litre B37 3-Cylinder DieselPrice on request Read more
SONAR is an international automotive powertrain NVH consortium organized and led by Ricardo for over 15 years.
VW Golf 1.4L TSI ACT 4-Cylinder Gasoline NVH Benchmark ReportPrice on request Read more
Ford EcoBoost 240ps 2.0L 4-Cylinder Gasoline NVH Benchmark ReportPrice on request Read more
BMW N47 C16 (Mini Cooper D) 1.6L 4-Cylinder Diesel NVH Benchmark ReportPrice on request Read more
BMW N20 (328i) 2.0L 4-Cylinder Gasoline NVH Benchmark ReportPrice on request Read more
Comparison of product designs, in either finished or concept form, against Ricardo design guidelines and competitor products
PSA EB2DTS 1.2-Litre IL3 PureTech Gasoline Engine Design Benchmark Report£7,500.00 Add to basket
Mercedes M274 2.0-Litre IL4 Gasoline Engine Design Benchmark Report£7,500.00 Add to basket
BMW B38 1.5-Litre IL3 Gasoline Engine Design Benchmark Report£7,500.00 Add to basket
Audi 3.0-Litre TDI V6 Diesel Engine Design Benchmark Report£7,500.00 Add to basket
Hybrid & EV Systems Benchmarking
Benchmarking comparisons across battery, motor, power electronics, charging, thermal and other xEV related systems or over 10 years.
Vehicle Attributes Benchmarking
Subjective ratings, system level measured data, modelling and analysis for:
- Electrical Systems